viernes, junio 19, 2015

Judd Apatow on NPR

npr:
On why he stopped doing stand-up
“One of the main reasons I stopped doing stand-up, I realized later, was I auditioned for something for Jim Henson and Jim Henson didn’t want to hire me and I hear from the casting director, “He’d like to buy your ideas, but he doesn’t want you to appear in the show. He thinks you lack warmth.” And I was like, “Jim Henson thinks I lack warmth? That’s like Mr. Rogers telling you [that] you don’t deserve love! He taught me to read!”
Years later I thought, “I can’t imagine he actually told somebody to call me and tell me I lack warmth,” so probably it’s just a mean casting director, but at the time it really took the wind out of my sails. It made me think, “Oh yes, the instinct you have to not perform has now been confirmed by Kermit the Frog.”
Great interview for any comedy nerd. -Emily

Etiquetas: , , , ,

0 Comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Suscribirse a Comentarios de la entrada [Atom]

<< Página Principal